Hooray! The March 2015 BDJ Box came early this time. They usually ship the boxes by the 2nd to 3rd week of the month but since the Jan-Feb box was delivered at the end of January, I guess people were anxious to receive the second BDJ Box of the year (including me!).
Much to my delight, this month’s edition is a megabox exclusively featuring Pond’s products. As a Pond’s user, I was happy to receive this exclusive box especially since my Pond’s Flawless White day cream has almost ran out. Talk about perfect timing!
The contents of the box are:
1. Flawless White Dewy Rose Gel: It’s described as a whitening product that comes in a refreshing gel form. Because of its watery formulation, it is easily absorbed by the skin and is clinically proven to lighten dark spots and smoothen pores. It has Rose Lumiere serum which is made from alpine rose extract that helps lock in moisture and reduces skin dullness from within.
Compared with the Pond’s Flawless White Day Cream, this gel version is certainly lighter and gives a dewy look to the skin versus the cream’s matte effect. The gel is actually more appropriate for people with combination/oily skin because the cream version does get oily as the day wears on. What I noticed about the Dewy Rose Gel is it doesn’t appear to have any SPF so you should put on another layer of sunscreen to protect your skin.
2. Flawless White Re-Brightening Night Cream: It’s a regeneration night cream enriched with Pond’s trademarked GenActiv that repairs skin damage, lightens and evens out dark spots while you sleep.
I personally haven’t tried this night cream but I do use one from another brand. Beauty experts say that skin regeneration is at its peak while you sleep at night so using a night cream is essential for that rested and radiant look the next morning.
3. Flawless White Ultra Luminous Serum: This serum claims to achieve spotless, radiant, and even-toned skin. It contains VAO-B3 technology that helps block skin pigmentation from appearing on the surface and helps renew skin. Formulated with GenActiv, this layering serum interrupts the skin’s melanin cycles. Stubborn dark spots and discoloration are reduced in one week.
Like many serums, this formula is easily absorbed by the skin. As seen in the swatch, it almost has that oily feel to it but it’s very thin and doesn’t feel hot when applied to the face. This is the priciest product in the BDJ Box this month and it boldly claims to unlock flawless, radiant skin in just 7 days. I’ll post a review about this after I’ve finished the bottle.
4. Flawless White Whitening Expert BB Cream with SPF 30 PA++:
I received both shades of the BB Cream: Light and Beige. It’s especially formulated for Asian women who want the benefits of spotless finish and illuminated-from-within radiance. Because it’s a combination of skin care and makeup, it hides blemishes instantly and repairs damaged skin permanently with the GenActiv formula. It has SPF 30 too!
Top shade is Beige, bottom shade is Light. I’m morena so the beige matches my skin more closely. The product is lightweight so it blends very easily to your skin’s natural color.
5. White Beauty Pearl Cleansing Gel: This is Pond’s newest product. It’s a whitening facial wash in gel formulation which claims to cleanse your skin without drying it. It has Vitamin B3 and Pearl Essence and because of its oxygenated formulation, it cleanses and refreshes while locking in moisture. It’s also suitable for sensitive skin as it has milder ingredients compared to whitening soaps.
This month’s loot: Dewy Rose Gel (P399), Re-Brightening Night Cream (P340), Ultra Luminous Serum (P480), BB Cream Light (P299), BB Cream Beige (P299), Pearl Cleansing Gel 100ml (P155), Pearl Cleansing Gel 50ml (P77.5) = Php2,049.50 Total! That’s 3.53x the price of the box.
Definitely another steal c/o BDJ Box. =)