Finally it arrived! The May BDJ Box was delivered starting May 29, which was already late compared to the usual 2nd to 3rd week delivery of previous boxes. I guess the BDJ Team has been really busy organizing the first ever BDJ Beauty Boot Camp happening on June 7.
Apart from the delayed delivery, the box was not a disappointment at all! It was another megabox, which, I’m starting to think may be the new norm. The theme for this month is “Kiss Dry Goodbye” so it was packed with mostly skin/body care. For gals like me who have hoarded way too much makeup already, receiving this box is a welcome relief.
1. Colgate Optic White Plus Shine: Yey! Toothpaste! It’s one of those things you normally wouldn’t expect from a beauty box but it’s Colgate so I don’t think people are gonna complain. And besides, it’s a whitening variant so it does have an aesthetic appeal to it. I personally appreciate that they included 2 of these in the box since I know for sure I’m gonna use it.
2. Garnier Multi-Action Whitening Serum Cream: This is a whitening day cream with SPF 19 so it’s suited for daily use. It’s lightweight and easily absorbed by the skin; non-greasy so it doesn’t get in the way of makeup application. It’s infused with their WhiteSpeed Serum so it should fade dark spots and acne marks faster.
3. Garnier Multi-Action Brightening Scrub: I received a product like this from BDJ Box before (can’t remember which box though). It has a citrus-y scent which is perfect for morning scrubs and has those tiny beads which helps in exfoliating the skin. This is a good and affordable facial wash in my opinion.
4. Aloe Derma Pure Aloe Vera Gel: This is a no-fuss moisturizer. Growing up in the province, we used to have an aloe vera plant and we really did use it for treating sunburn. This product is 99.7% organic aloe vera extract certified by ECOCERT France so it’s suitable for all skin types. It can be used as a topical treatment for sunburn, abrasions, cuts and insect bites, but can also be used as a general moisturizer and even as an organic gel conditioner for the hair.
5. Nivea Gentle Facial Cleansing Wipes: I love Nivea’s Facial Wipes. I personally use the exfoliating variant because I have oily skin but I’m happy with this variant too. It’s gentle on the skin and is perfect for taking my makeup off at night before I wash my face. It even removes waterproof mascara but I would recommend still washing your face with facial wash or soap after.
6. Dermal Collagen Essence Mask: I have loved this mask every since BDJ Box gave a couple of pieces a year ago. I have sensitive skin so I was a bit hesitant to try it out but I’m so glad I didn’t give mine away. My skin felt really soft after using the mask and the mask itself was infused with quite a lot of the essence. This definitely gives you value for your money.
7. Cetaphil DailyAdvance Ultra Hydrating Lotion: This brand is definitely one of those trusted worldwide so no complaints about receiving this in the box. It’s perfect for dry sensitive skin as it’s a clinically proven moisturizer. It’s non-greasy and fragrance free too.
8. Cure Natural Aqua Gel: BDJ Box sent out a sample of this before in their August 2014 box. It’s a highly sought-after product in Japan which is used as an exfoliating gel . It’s preservative free, coloring free, mineral oil free, artificial fragrance free so it’s suitable even for sensitive skin.
9. Himawari Dear Beaute Oil in Shampoo and Oil in Conditioner: This is a Japanese hair product. The shampoo is sulfate free while the conditioner is silicon and sulfate free. It reduces frizziness and balances lipids and moisture in the hair causing it to repair the damage.
10. Pure Savon Body Wash: Another product from Japan. It’s made from natural soaps and plant-based washing ingredients. Contains shea butter, saponaria officinalis leaf extract for smoother skin.
11. FS Powder Blush: This is the only makeup product in the box. The color is too light for morena girls so I would be giving this one away. It comes with its own compact with a mirror and a little brush for your convenience.
Total Loot Value: Php1,910 or 3.29x the cost of the box.
Deluxe samples were valued on a per gram/ml basis. Cost of the subscription box was P580.
To subscribe to their next available box, go to wwww.bdjbox.com