Hooray! Another megabox from the BDJ Team. This month’s theme centered on the no-fuss, low-maintenance vibe perfect for those carefree days when you just want to stick to the basics. This selection of products is actually perfect to bring along for weekend trips as well as it includes your bath products, makeup, skin care, and even nail polish.
1 & 2. Dove Oxygen & Nourishment Shampoo and Conditioner – This is Dove’s newest line specifically designed for Filipinas with dry, flat hair (ehem…rebonded, anyone?). It claims to make hair soft and nourished and give 95% more volume. Say goodbye to flat, boring hair with these products.
3. Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar – Score! This baby is hella-expensive so receiving this in the box is a dream. It’s designed for dry, sensitive skin so it cleanses without irritating or drying. It restores skin’s natural protective oils and emollients. My nephew has atopic dermatitis and this is the soap recommended by his doctor.
4. Canmake Nail Polish – Hmm..not too crazy about the color. Does anyone actually wear this color after turning 18? It’s pretty expensive for a nail polish though. I did try it on and it was tricky to get the color to even out with just one application. You have to layer on another coat for it to look decent. It does dry fast, so I’ll give it that.
5. Benefit They’re Real Mascara – Reviews for this mascara are actually great but I personally don’t love it. The bristles are pokey and the curls don’t last even though I use Shu Uemura’s S Curler. I get better results with other cheaper mascaras.
6 & 7. Carmex Click Stick Lip Balm in Strawberry and Carmex Tube Lip Balm – These are classic staples in any glossy-lip lover’s purse. You can’t go wrong with lip balm, can you?
8. FS Luscious Lipstick – There are 2 types of finishes for the FS Luscious Lipstick – creamy and matte. I got the creamy finish in the shade Nut. It’s a pinkish shade and it has a sheer, shiny finish. It’s suitable for that fresh-faced no makeup-makeup look.
9. Celeteque Advanced Anti-Aging Cleansing Oil – Hooray! A cheaper substitute to Shu Uemura’s cleansing oils. I haven’t used it yet to remove makeup so I can’t attest to its effectiveness but it claims to remove makeup and deep-seated dirt. It also has Dual Vitamin Regenerating Complex that promoted healthy tissue regeneration. It’s a cleanser that firms skin and reduces fine lines, wrinkles and pigmentation. It’s also non-comedogenic so I hope it really doesn’t cause me to break out.
10. V-10 Plus Serum – Okay, is that a typo? This thing costs P4,750 for 30 ml?? Whoa. It’s an award-winning serum from Japan and is the world’s first skin supplement concept. It comes in 10 variants to address different skin issues. The Vitamin C serum addresses dark spots and blemishes while the Licorice serum addresses irritation and inflammation.
The verdict: Php2,662 worth of products for the P580 cost of the subscription box or 4.6x.
(Deluxe samples were computed based on per ml or per gram basis)
To subscribe to BDJ Box, go to http://www.bdjbox.com.