Reception for the June 2015 BDJ Box was a mixed one. Probably because the subscribers were used to receiving megaboxes the past few months and then all of a sudden – a regular-sized box filled with sample-sized products. The only full-sized one was a lip and cheek tint. For me though, I didn’t mind receiving the small box with sample sizes because I’m a regular subscriber. I felt that it only balanced the megaboxes I received from the previous months. But for first-time subscribers who were lusting after the megaboxes given out before, let’s just say I understand the frustration.
All in all though, the June box was still a good one. The brand they featured for the month was Bioderma – a French skin care brand known for their no-fuss functional products that’s safe for sensitive skin. BDJ curated a well-balanced box by including products for the face, body, eye, and the bonus product for the lips – The Body Shop’s classic lip and cheek stain. They also included a P200 gift voucher from The Body Shop.
On to the unboxing.
The products included in the box can be grouped into 5: For sensitive skin, for oily skin, for dry skin, skin protection, and makeup.
Let’s look at the products for sensitive skin first.
1. Bioderma Sensibio Tonique – It’s a moisturizing toner that’s designed to calm and decongest the epidermis. It feels very light (much like water) and does not have that stingy feeling other toners deliver. It’s great for sensitive skin.
2. Bioderma Sensibio Eye Contour Gel – It’s designed to restore youthful brightness to the undereye area and reduce puffiness and fine lines.
Now on to the products for my type: oily skin.
3. Bioderma Sebium Hydra – This is a moisturizer designed for oily skin. It compensates for temporary imbalances by rehydrating and restoring the ski’s protective layer.
4. Bioderma Sebium AKN – It’s a treatment that’s designed to cleanse the pores and slow down the overproduction of sebum. It smoothes the skin’s texture with continued use, making it look clear and more uniform. It also contains ingredients to reduce irritation and diminishes the appearance of redness. The product is also hydrating so it doubles as a moisturizer. It’s easily absorbed by the skin so you can use this under makeup.
5. Bioderma Sebium Pore Refiner – It tightens pores and mattifies the skin due to its astringent and pore minimizer properties. It also contains antioxidants t boost skin’s radiance and protect it from external ageing factors. Can also be used as a makeup base.
The next products are for dry skin, which I gave to my sister.
6. Bioderma Atoderm Intensive – This is for atopic and dry skin. It restores the skin barrier’s integrity which prevents the penetration of allergens and enhances suppleness and comfort. It also has anti-inflammatory properties and helps to stop the itching.
7. Bioderma Atoderm Cream – It moistens the skin with anti-dehydrating agents which hold water in the upper layers of the skin and stops it from evaporating. Can be used on the face and body.
For sun protection:
8. Bioderma Photoderm Max – Yey for SPF 100! The product also has an easily absorbed formula and leaves no traces of white marks. Also non-greasy which I love!
9. The Body Shop Lip and Cheek Stain and Php200 voucher – This lip stain is an all-around tint that can be used by anyone. It gives a classic red stain on the lips which is also long-wearing. Application for the cheeks can get a little difficult to blend so I just use this as a lip product. The voucher can be used in The Body Shop stores for your next splurge.
The verdict: Total box value is Php2,068 versus the cost of Php580 or 3.57x. Not bad at all.
(Cost of sample items computed on a per ml basis)
To subscribe to future boxes, you may go to http://www.bdjbox.com.