Last 12 October 2015, I received an email invitation from BDJ Box to their October Makeup Party to be held on 17 October at the Kia House of Beauty and Wellness in Sta. Lucia, Pasig. As explained in the email, this will be a small group gathering wherein I’ll get to meet the Beauty Ministers and get a backstage pass to how they do their videos and plan their Beauty 101 articles posted in the BDJ Box website. Of course, they included the very enticing caption that if I attend the party, I will get to avail services from their venue partner and take home goodies from their brand partners.
They had me at the words “Makeup Party”. And so I immediately confirmed my attendance and was uber excited for Saturday to come.
The venue was located in One Oasis Commercial Hub in Pasig – a few minutes away from Robinsons Galleria. The salon was spacious and they had a spa area at the back where you can avail of body massages, lipocavitation, and the like. The place was easy to find even if I’ve never been to that area before. I just took a bus from Robinsons Galleria and within 15 minutes, I alighted in front of One Oasis and walked towards the venue. If you go by private vehicle, there are ample parking spaces fronting the commercial strip.
Ms. Yani from the BDJ Box team was there to greet me when I arrived at the venue. It was there that she informed me that I’m actually the first Bella ever to be invited to the Beauty Ministers’ Makeup Party! I was very much honored to be chosen to take part in the experience and to get to see what happens behind the scenes of BDJ Box.
They partnered with the Daily Grub for the food during the event. They served vegetable salad, honeyed salmon, mango panna cotta, and fresh buko juice. It was sooo goooood I couldn’t help but get a second serving. =) Even the Beauty Ministers loved the food.
The Beauty Ministers present for this makeup party were Ms. Kate Alvarez, Ms. Bambi Dela Cruz, and Ms. Donna Cuna-Pita. It was a privilege to be at the company of these empowered women and see them work together to provide us Bellas with useful tips and guides in navigating the world of beauty.
I witnessed the Beauty Ministers prepare and shoot their videos to be uploaded to the BDJ Box website and the best part of the afternoon was……… I GOT TO WITNESS THE UNBOXING VIDEO OF THE OCTOBER ELITE BDJ BOX! Insider info: the boxes will be shipped this coming week after the BDJ Fair. As a subscriber to the October Elite Box, I was so thrilled with the contents of the box. Talk about a major score in terms of brand and value for money. I didn’t take any pictures during the making of the unboxing video so as not to spoil the surprise for the other subscribers. I super love this upcoming box and I’m sure most, if not all, of you will love it too. I can’t spill the beans due to the exclusivity of the info, if you catch my drift. *wink*
Aside from getting an all-access pass to the inner workings of the Beauty Ministry and being able to see and hold the items inside the upcoming elite box, I also enjoyed a free foot spa. I was also entitled to a one-hour body massage but I had to leave early and I wasn’t able to avail the service anymore.
But wait…there’s more!
Presenting – the contents of the LOOT BAG they gave me!
- Vedette Mask Sheet in Strawberry Yoghurt (25g)
- Vedette Mask Sheet in Kiwi Yoghurt (25g)
- H20+ Hand and Nail Cream (30ml)
- H20+ Dual Action Eye Makeup Remover (30 ml)
- Max Factor Masterpiece Glamour Extensions 3-in-1 Volumising Mascara (12ml)
- Max Factor Lipfinity Colour + Gloss in shade 660 Infinite Ruby (2 x 3ml)
- Max Factor Lipfinity Colour + Gloss in shade 610 Constant Coral (2 x 3ml)
- Nuxe Multi-Purpose Dry Oil in Classic (10ml)
- Nuxe Multi-Purpose Dry Oil in Gold (10ml)
- Nuxe 24HR Soothing and Moisturising Cream for Sensitive-Normal Skin (15ml)
- Nuxe 24HR Soothing and Moisturising Emulsion for Sensitive-Combination Skin (15ml)
- Nuxe Anti-Fatigue Moisturising Cream for Normal to Combination Skin (15ml)
- Nuxe Smoothing Cream 1st Wrinkles for Normal Skin (15ml)
- Nuxe Youth and Radiance Revealing Anti-Aging Care for All Skin Types (15ml)
- Nuxe Gentle Toning Lotion with Rose Petals for Normal to Dry Sensitive Skin (35ml)
- Nuxe Face Cleansing and Make-Up Removing Gel for Dry and Sensitive Skin (15ml)
- Nuxe Ultra Comforting Body Cream for Dry Sensitive Skin (15ml)
I will do a review on each of these products in a separate post. I’m excited to try all these!
So that was my afternoon with the BDJ Box Beauty Ministry. I am very grateful for the experience and I’m hoping future Makeup Parties will be just as fun and successful. Thanks, BDJ Box!